The University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) is the oldest and largest university in Tanzania. The university is ranked as 1st University in Tanzania and 10th in Africa.
The University of Dar es Salaam is constantly looking for parties/companies where their students can carry out graduation projects or other activities that benefit their studies.
Tradex Corporation benefits from thorough local research in this field in order to properly define the Smart Hub Tanzania concept, to better explore the market and to properly map possibilities for marketing. Students from various fields of study could implement this effectively.
At the end of 2021, Tradex Corporation and the University of Dar es Salaam signed a Memorandum of Understanding. It was agreed that students would contribute to the further development of the Smart Hub concept in Tanzania through graduation projects and research.
Students are thus able to convert their theoretical knowledge into practical applications, based on challenging research questions within their field of study.
The research/activities that students carry out can include:
- Conducting market research for various European products
- Developing a sales strategy for various European products
- Mapping potential distributors, wholesalers and supermarkets for each individual product
- Developing a marketing plan for each product
- Developing an ‘entry’ strategy for each product
- Determining the import requirements for each product category
- Mapping products in demand in Tanzania / East Africa
- Mapping local products to be introduced to the European market